Please read the following to assist* you with your writing and our submission procedure:
Guidelines and writing tips
Below are some tips on how to improve your writing style:
- The human interest qualities of sympathy, insight, breadth of view, imagination, and sense of humour will attract a broad range of readers
- An orderly and well-balanced blog will provide a sense of perspective and proportion
- Quickness of thought coupled with accuracy are important qualities to avoid dull text
- Write the headline to attract the reader’s attention
- A sentence is more likely to be clear if it is a short sentence communicating one thought, or closely connected range of ideas
- Get to the point, and mention the core ideas, then fill in the details in later paragraphs
- Remember, you have a global audience
- Make sure you spell check your work before submitting
Couple days ago I met Jasmine for tea.
I go to the bar and I bought beer.
Fred and Amanda are married and he has been married for 20 years.
A couple of days ago, Jasmine and I met for dinner.
I approach the bar and order a beer.
Fred and Amanda have been married for 20 years.
Format for Submissions
Generally, the submission process is clear and simple. There are five (5) points you should cover (as outlined below), with the rest up to you:
- Your story should be around 500-600 words
- Please include a title
- You should spell check your work before submitting
- The use of adult language (swearing, sex-talk etc.) is encouraged, where appropriate, but not to be overused
- As the author, you must disclose whether you wish to remain anonymous. If so, please provide an alias
Freedom of expression and creativity are at the discretion of the author.
How to Submit
Select one (1) of the two (2) options below: